Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Friday, December 5, 2014

O.G. Blogging

So, while Coco enjoys her birthday luxuriating at what is colloquially called The Naked Lady Spa, I am out blogging in Starbucks, just like old times. I've got an outlet and a hot coco, and they're playing some nice tunes, but the view isn't much to write home about. Ah, Suburban Nation.

(If I were really ambitions, I would have done some time-lapse photography.)

Since I'm feeling old school, I thought I would just dump some bloggy stuff in here, like I used to, when people actually had blogs and read each other's. See, here's an old joke about it:

(Now our cat has his own Facebook page)

Ah, those heady days. We'd meet each other and someone would ask "what's up?" and the response would be a resentful acknowledgment that maybe not everybody was waiting for your latest post, to devour it and know exactly what was up. I guess the practice lives on in memory, at least - I mean, this is from a fairly recent television show, isn't it?

(Although that short looks like it's made out of Qiana - that's not coming back, is it?)

Before hanging out at Starbucks waiting for Coco to finish her spa visit, I hung out on campus waiting for her to finish teaching. (Yeah, she had to work today, more's the bummer.) I graded and prepped and visited some folks and sent some email and had lunch, a tofurkey sandwich. Not leftovers from Thanksgiving: we didn't have any of those, since we went out for dinner to Bamboo Garden, although we did have some faux-leftovers because Coco made stuffing anyway and I bought a can of jellied cranberry sauce, just like mom used to buy, except that the can isn't ribbed anymore and they don't emboss the sell-by code into the metal but use ink instead, so the quivering purple cylinder has less architectural detail now, but I digress. My sandwich included cheddar cheese and cucumbers, and was on sliced "artisanal" bread.

Now that's an old-school blog post.

Excelsior!

No comments: