Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Honored more in the breach

So, I was feeling a bit obligated to run a birthday post this morning, having the sense that it was a bit of a tradition, but when I went looking for actual evidence to confirm that, I found that I have done a birthday-centric post only in 6 of the prior 14 years.  Doing something 43% of the time is certainly considerable but it by no means qualifies as institutionalization. Nonetheless, I am here now, so I might as well get on with it.

Most of the burthday fuss came, of course, from Coco, who, even though she is recovering from the Covid and was at her first day back at her internship after missing a week, wanted to make cure the occasion was marked. 

Kicking off with the official commemorative photo (above), the day was marked with a Zoom call with family and phone calls with friends and texts with all kinds of folks and a bike ride to get some art supplies.

After Coco was finished for the day, we headed to Canada for dinner but a big accident on I-5 put the kibosh on that plan. I jumped off the freeway just before getting trapped in the backup and we had a wonderful dinner on our own local waterfront, during which Coco showered me with graphic novels. I will have plenty of reading (and instructive art models!) for some time to come.

And we can't forget the  other significant gift, from my Uncle Sam:

And there we are. See you next year. Maybe. There's now a 47% chance.
 

No comments: