Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Automobilia


So, today I went down to retrieve my Smart Car from Seattle, where he has been living in the care of a pal for majority of the pandemic, since we were all in lockdown and whatnot and he could be of more use down there than in my driveway. Driving the car again and seeing all the cars on the freeway got me thinking about cars in general, and I recalled that Jay Leno has or has had a show about the huge car collection that he has amassed over the years. I gather the collection comprises many rare and unusual vehicles, most of which I am given to understand are either very fancy or go very fast or both. I don't know why I started thinking about this, but it made me put together a list of cars that I would own, if I ever was in a position to have a huge garage and to obtain perfectly restored collector vehicles.

It's probably overlaps Jay's collection not at all...

Volkswagen 410

The first car I ever owned and I loved it. 

Datsun B0210 Honey Bee

I learned to drive stick on one of these. Very peppy.

Subaru Brat

Never had one, always wanted one... it has plastic seats in the pickup bed, for cryin' out loud!

Geo Metro Convertible

I have had two Geos, but never a droptop, even though I came close to buying one twice.
They are suh-weet.


Any Isetta


Three wheels and on a door that is the entire front of the car.
Originally made by a firm that used to make refrigerators.
How could you not fall in love with this?

Fiat 500


I have wanted one ever since J-Lo drove hers through the Bronx.
Test drove it a few years back - it was nice.

1960 NSU Prinz



Why this? Because of this:

(click to read story)

I guess I won't be going to any auto shows anytime soon, but it'll be nice to take the Smartie to work again.

No comments: