Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Sunday, January 22, 2023

New new year

Gung hay fat choi! Today marks the beginning of the Chinese lunisolar calendar and the concomitant Spring Festival (I guess they had a big celebration up in Vancouver - it was all the radio folks were on about this morning).

I sometimes kick my new year's stuff back three or six weeks from the Gregorian January 1 to the Chinese 1 zheng yue to give myself a little more time to declare, resolve, reflect, or announce, but this year I haven't done much milestoning or landmarking on either date. Things still feel pretty liminal, and the next six months could find me in any one of a number of different situations; it's hard to assert intentionality when one is pretty much in ready-response mode.

So, no big new here, but one item of note. This is the Year of the Rabbit, which is Coco's birth year. My own is the Rooster, which won't come around again for a while now. But that Rabbit-Rooster pairing is worth noting, to wit:

Hmmmm. To elaborate further:



Hmmmm. I think I prefer this vision. It looks like more fun.




No comments: