Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Monday, August 18, 2014

Temp check 9/13: Verily, we stumbleth onward

So, it is beginning to look like this prediction is going to be only as accurate as the stereotypical weather forecast - which is to say hardly at all. I haven't run the numbers yet, but just eyeballing it, it's a pretty good bet that we're not hitting 91% green on that chart off the right.

As I sit here in the still exceptionally warm summer air, after having spent all morning on campus and all afternoon online with my students' work, I'm not going to sweat it - well, maybe literally, but not metaphorically. I'm not sure what's different from last summer to this summer, but my lack of participation in my self-designated activity areas has had little to do with doing little: it seems I am as busy as I ever am. It's just hard to figure out with what, exactly. I have spent more time on campus this summer than I intended, but not too much; we've had to pull some angel duty more often than we expected, but not a whole lot; I have been gaming a fair bit, but not that much more than normal; we've been socializing, but no more than we have in past summers.

It seem that things like re-arranging the living room furniture so the coaxial cable could reach the TV, or arranging for and then sitting for Coco's new tattoo, or tripping over a home inside the Seattle city limits that we could actually afford and dropping in on an open house - these all just seem to take up more time than they should. So be it.

This summer is going great. And based on my meeting this morning with my new dean, I expect fall to be awesome. And that is some fantastic art that Coco got:


No comments: