Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Friday, December 30, 2016

Selected shorts

So, just trying to keep the momentum up as we swing into the new bloggin' year... here's another little pic dump.



This is a page from a book on communication.

Muhammad Ali's two biggest rivals were Joe Frazier and George Foreman.

George Frazier is not a boxer. George Frazier is an error.

I think my Sissy would say than an error of this nature, as trivial as it may seem, destroys the writer's ethos and credibility. It sure did for me in this case. But maybe I'm just being harsh; stones and glass houses, right?



Canadians can be so much more civilized sometimes. This is a train crossing in White Rock. Would that we had the same rules here in Fairhaven; Coco and I would get much better rest.
 

Larrabee State Park is still out-of-the-way, if no longer remote. I can't imagine what it must have been like getting to this bandstand in 1915, the date on the sign. A state park must have been a more like wilderness then.


I saw this earlier in the holiday season. This might be my best choice for a post-retirement job.

No comments: