Superman never made any money for saving the world from Solomon Grundy

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

[jet city] What a maroon

So, I told Merry that I would be willing to help with her condo-to-condo move. I went for a run this morning, and then made my way up to Cap Hill at the appointed time. There was no answer at the doorbell intercom thing or at Merry's cell phone number; there was no U-Haul anywhere in sight and no one else showed up to join me. Halfway through doing the New York Times crossword puzzle on the top of the vending box, it hit me:

I was supposed to help Merry move next Wednesday, not today. D'oh!

Ah, well, in the interest of getting myself squared away, here's a bit of a calendar of upcoming events.

Tonight is Otis's art show opening at the Teahouse Kuan Yin. Tomorrow will be our first chance since the Roosevelt Art Walk to check in with JC.

Friday and Saturday will be taken up by the memorial service for Otis's dad, Ed Putnam. Otis sent out an email about the actual service on Saturday afternoon; if you need more information or want to come, just let me know.

Next week is my last week of summer vacation; I won't ask where the twelve weeks have gone, because I know. I've actually been back on campus to start the pre-prep, and I'm ready to get back to work.

Before that, I need to help Merry move on the correct day, and we need to make a work trip up to the cabin in the pass. Then summer will be officially over.

No comments: